Monday, July 26, 2010

Man-Made Structure

On 23rd July, I have undergo a new experience which never been done before in my life. I get assignment that day to make a bamboo sound tool (BST). I just can remember that I have been use a saw when secondary school in kemahiran hidup class. However, it not so tough because only involve small piece of wood. This time, I have chance to do such a hard work with my friend.

First, we borrow saw from our HBP bengkel then we walk until the road side near the tasik to cut the bamboo. Based on my physic knowledge, I decided to make a music instrument which play on different water level. I cut the bamboo into different height then tie it together with string. An opening is left for each bamboo parts to fill water. Therefore, different height of water level we get different pitch of sound.


Below is what my BST looks like:


Video recorded from my BST:




After finished work, we need to sketch out our BST and write about it.

Below is my final product:


At the end, I learn more by experience it and do it myself rather than study from book.

No comments:

Post a Comment