Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tensegrity

'Tensegrity is a type of structure with an integrity based on a balance between tension and compression components. In a tensegrity structure the compressive members are connected to each other by tensile members.'
Source from wikipedia

I heard a new word which is Tensegrity on this Monday afternoon. What I think it is really a interesting structure and is challenging for me to do it. I get a lot of this picture from internet and I feel it like an art, you play with any shape you like. Every rod seem like floating in air and do not touch any other rod. For me, it fun. However, I only use the six bamboo sticks to construct it due to time limited. I hope that I will challenge a more complicated structure after the exam on holiday.

A tensegrity structure contain 30 rods.
picture took from http://www1.ttcn.ne.jp/a-nishi/tensegrity/z_tensegrity.html

My completed bamboo tensegrity structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment